Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Very Angloyankophile Birthday


So, yesterday was a "milestone" birthday for me (I'll let you guess which one) and I spent most of my day wafting around in a dream-like state, accepting cards, cakes, flowers, gifts, and invitations to "birthday breakfast" or "birthday lunch" like someone who thought they were getting punk'd. Seriously though, I've never felt more spoiled, happy, guilty, elated, undeserving than I did yesterday!

I'm not ashamed to say that I loved a lot of "girly" gifts that I received yesterday, including (but not limited to) this beautiful Gramercy rose gold watch from Kate Spade (a gift from John, pictured above) that I'd been eying for a few weeks in the Covent Garden store. The preppy, unapologetically pretty American brand has finally made its way across the pond and, while it was once a brand that was too private prep-school for me, I'm slowly beginning to appreciate the pop of bright colors in their accessories and the cheerful patterns adorning their beautifully made ready-to-wear (I just stay away from iPhone covers and makeup bags with cheesy sayings). I've been looking for a chunky, rose gold watch for a while, but found the ubiquitous selection from Michael Kors too, well, chunky, and those from Marc Jacobs too unappealing due to the branding. I liked this watch because it was sleek and understated, but still shiny and fun to wear.

Then, I arrived to work, and my boss presented me with this beautifully packaged cologne from Jo Malone:


I had mentioned to her in passing that I was on the lookout for a new fragrance and that I liked the new Peony and Blush Suede scent from Jo Malone (my mom's favorite perfume brand, and something that I've treated her to quite a few times in the past!). I'd been contemplating buying it for myself for weeks, while gazing longingly into the shop window every time I walked past but making a mental note to hold off until I got to Heathrow's duty free branch later this month. Needless to say, I was utterly shocked (in a good way!) when it appeared on my desk yesterday, not to mention incredibly touched as well. What a thoughtful and extravagant gift!

I was on cloud nine by the time I closed my eyes for bed last night - I've been so lucky to spend my birthday with family and friends every year and to have family and friends make the day so very special for me.


SHARE:

2 comments

© angloyankophile

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig